Plastic bags became part of our landscape. Wherever there is people, there are plastic bags somewhere around. Moved by wind they travel for hundreds and thousends of kilometers, to be caught by some tree or a fence and stay there to rustle for the next five hundred years until they desintegrate in the atmosphere.
Plastic bags will overlive us all! They are undestroyable and there is every time more and more of them. Plastic bags became our nightmare. They remind us of that we are after all only members of consumers club.
But we can correct that. Transforming plastic bags into row material from which we will with our hands make an object for our use we break the chain of capitalist serial production - consumation - dismissal (generating of waste), transforming ourselves from bare consumers into what we realy want to be.
* * *
/ 100 bags bag /- New Delhi
- Athens / Kristina's bag
- Cairo 01
- Cairo 02 / materialization of the consumers diary
- Barcelona / Hana's bag
- Sardenya / Ale's and Ilaria's bag
- Belgrade 01 / Laptop bag #01
- Belgrade 02 / Airport bag
/ collections /- 1st collection / by Bojana Jelenic
- potato stamp
/ prototype /- nana's laptop bag / specifications
- ceger / big size shopping bag
/ furniture /
/ dolls /
- abstract shapes / Barcelona
- Pom-poms en pim-pam / with neigbours of "Cruilles", Barcelona
- Taller de ganchillo con bolsas de plastico / con Aviv Kruglanski / CSO Carboneria, Barcelona
- Sailing the Great Pacific Garbage Patch / Charles Moore